Junior Device Development Engineer (m/f/d)
Ref # 2023T005
As a Device Development Engineer, you will be part of the Electronic Device Engineering team, in support and cooperation with the Process Development and R&D Teams as a member of the Electronic Device Engineering team. Your core activity will target the consolidation and optimization of the PrintIC platform at the electronic device level, accompanying the upscaling of the manufacturing process for the production of fully printed integrated circuits. Moreover, you will participate to the activities related to testing of new functional materials and R&D on advanced technology nodes, as well as fabrication of application prototypes and demonstrators. FLEEPtech offers a competitive salary and benefits based on experience with possible support for relocation.
- Fabricate, measure and critically analyse the data of printed electronic transistors and devices.
- Fabricate, test and assess process and material combinations for optimized electronic performance.
- Support various printing projects, including manufacturing of prototypes, R&D testing of functional materials, inks, processes.
- Characterize printed devices and understand the relations between process parameters and performance of the final devices and products.
- Collaborate with the Process Development teams to achieve the set goals in terms of process yield, performance, repeatability.
- Develop an understanding of the inkjet equipment and processing applied to FLEEPtech’s technology.
- Understand and deeply manage concepts of organic and printed electronics, including concepts on organic transistors and organic functional materials for electronics.
You are a result-oriented person with a problem-solving mindset. You are quality-oriented, self-motivated, and remain focused on solutions.
You are qualified for this job if you possess:
- Ph.D. in Electronics Engineering, Physics or equivalent OR M.S with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in design and characterization of semiconductor devices (notably transistors)
- Proven lab experience in controlled environment (e.g. clean-rooms)
- Willingness to work in a dynamic R&D environment and openness to cooperate to multiple R&D tasks whether needed
- Supportive mindset to help customers and internal development teams for technical problems
- Eager to learn new topics and do proactive knowledge sharing within your team
- Fluent English (min. CEFR C1).
Advantages over basic conditions are:
- Working experience in the field of Organic Electronics or Printed Electronics orin the semiconductor industry
- Basic knowledge of the physics and manufacturing processes related to Organic and Printed Electronics, notably OTFTs
- Understanding and working knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Professional working proficiency in German
FLEEPtech is reshaping the way people think of electronics, by enabling flexible and recyclable microchips. FLEEPtech is an award-winning semiconductor company in the field of printed and flexible electronics. The company develops printed integrated circuits as a sustainable solution for the next generation of smart objects, starting from applications in smart packaging and biomedical devices. Our team is made of extremely experienced engineers and scientists in the field of electronics, material science and physics.
Wish to apply?
Send your CV/Resume and Motivation letter to hiring[at]fleeptech.com specifying in the subject the Ref# of this job post.