Inkjet Process Engineer (m/f/d)
Ref # 2023T004
As an Inkjet Process Engineer, you will be supporting and cooperating with the Process Development and Electronic Device Engineering teams in consolidating and upscaling the PrintIC platform for the production of fully printed integrated circuits. In addition to the core activities, involving ink formulation and optimization, as well as definition of optimized printing strategies for upscaled production, there will be ample opportunities related to testing of new functional materials, R&D tasks directed to optimizing specific steps of the manufacturing flow, and fabrication and design of prototypes and demonstrators. FLEEPtech offers a competitive salary and benefits based on experience with possible support for relocation.
- Design, optimize and test ink formulations of functional electronic materials
- Optimize inkjet printing conditions and strategies for production environments
- Support various printing projects, including manufacturing of prototypes, R&D testing of functional materials and inks, experiments for device optimization
- Develop a deep understanding of the inkjet equipment and processing applied to FLEEPtech’s technology
- Characterize inks and printed structures realized with advanced materials and understanding the relations between process parameters and final device and products behaviour
- Improve and monitor the performance of printing equipment and processes for industrial manufacturability, towards optimization of manufacturing yield of devices and products
- Understand the basic concepts of organic and printed electronics, including concepts on organic transistors and organic functional materials for electronics
You are a result-oriented person with a problem-solving mindset. You are quality-oriented, self-motivated, and remain focused on solutions.
You are qualified for this job if you possess:
- M.Sc. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience OR B.Sc. with 5+ years of relevant work experience in either:
- Inkjet printing process development and/or inkjet equipment development.
- Smart Materials, rheology and inks formulation and characterization
- Willingness to work in a dynamic R&D environment and openness to cooperate to multiple R&D tasks
- Supportive mindset to help customers and internal development teams for technical problems
- Eager to learn new topics and do proactive knowledge sharing within your team
- Fluent English (min. CEFR C1).
Advantages over basic conditions are:
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent
- Working experience in the field of Organic Electronics or Printed Electronics orin the semiconductor industry
- Basic knowledge of the physics and manufacturing processes related to Organic and Printed Electronics, notably OTFTs
- Understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Professional working proficiency in German
FLEEPtech is reshaping the way people think of electronics, by enabling flexible and recyclable microchips. FLEEPtech is an award-winning semiconductor company in the field of printed and flexible electronics. The company develops printed integrated circuits as a sustainable solution for the next generation of smart objects, starting from applications in smart packaging and biomedical devices. Our team is made of extremely experienced engineers and scientists in the field of electronics, material science and physics.
Wish to apply?
Send your CV/Resume and Motivation letter to hiring[at]fleeptech.com specifying in the subject the Ref# of this job post.