EDA Development Engineer (m/f/d)
Ref # 2023T003
As an EDA Development Engineer, you will be responsible and cooperate with the engineering team in the design, development and maintenance of a Cadence PDK for FLEEPtech’s PrintIC, as well as cooperate in device manufacturing and characterization for compact model optimization and formalization of the DRM. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for the implementation of dedicated software tools for the automated extraction of the electrical and statistical parameters of the electronic devices. FLEEPtech offers a competitive salary and benefits based on experience with possible support for relocation.
- Design and maintain a PDK for established commercial EDA software (e.g. Cadence)
- Develop, implement and maintain software programmes or scripts for data processing and parameters extraction
- Perform electrical measurements of devices for compact/SPICE model validation and optimization
- Support the engineering team in the definition of the DRM through tailored experiments and characterization routines
- Optimize compact models for PrintIC electronic devices, in particular organic transistors
- Work closely with process engineers and electronic designers
- Provide support to external customers and users of the PDK
You are a result-oriented person with a problem-solving mindset. You are quality-oriented, self-motivated, and remain focused on solutions.
You are qualified for this job if you possess:
- M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Proven experience in the set-up and maintenance of a PDK and in the use of Cadence EDA tools including installation and setup, SKILL, Tech files – CDF, call-backs, p-cells and full-custom IC design workflow
- Working experience (2+ years) in the field of Organic Electronics or Printed Electronics or, alternatively, working experience in the semiconductor industry as a development or EDA engineer
- Basic knowledge of the physics and manufacturing processes for Organic and Printed Electronics, notably OTFTs
- Good programming skills relevant to the assigned responsibilities
- Willingness to work in a dynamic R&D environment and openness to be introduced to multiple R&D tasks whether needed
- Supportive mindset to help customers and internal development teams for technical problems
- Eager to learn new topics and do proactive knowledge sharing within your team
- Fluent in English(min. CEFR C1)
Advantages over basic conditions are:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge in analog IC design
- Basic knowledge of design languages Verilog-A and VHDL
- Expertise in Unix/Linux environment
- Professional Working Proficiency in German
FLEEPtech is reshaping the way people think of electronics, by enabling flexible and recyclable microchips. FLEEPtech is an award-winning semiconductor company in the field of printed and flexible electronics. The company develops printed integrated circuits as a sustainable solution for the next generation of smart objects, starting from applications in smart packaging and biomedical devices. Our team is made of extremely experienced engineers and scientists in the field of electronics, material science and physics.
Wish to apply?
Send your CV/Resume and Motivation letter to hiring[at]fleeptech.com specifying in the subject the Ref# of this job post.